Thursday, September 23, 2010

B-School Aspirations




Every year hundreds and thousands of aspirants choose and answer aptitude tests available from a multitude of options depending upon the elements of the package deal known as "Admissions to a Business School".

As mentioned, many options are available to the aspirants. Some in the home country and some in the foreign lands. Being an Indian, I consider myself quite lucky because in the present scenario, the Indian Universities that offer Business School Deals which sometimes equal and many a times excel those available off shores. Every year, the number of Indian students appearing in Indian Management Aptitude tests and joining the courses they offer, is higher than those opting for and joining foreign universities. Lower cost of education is one of the major reason for this preference and since the Recession, higher and quicker returns on investment has become another major criteria.

Earlier, there were a higher percentage of Indian aspirants for GMAT, who used admissions in foreign universities as a tool for settling down in the targeted nation. Needless to say, they also found themselves with better salary packages in comparison with their national counterparts.
But that has changed now.

Due to lower costs of living, higher purchasing power and more savings, the choices are changing. Now days, even though people study in foreign lands, they soon return back to their homelands. Apart from the mentioned reasons, they also prefer the job security back home and are happy to be free from hassles of visa requirements/ renewals.

Despite being aware of such pros of pursuing Business Studies in India, I have opted for studying Masters in Human Resource Management in the USA/ UK. The reason behind this decision is that I intend to gain a more scrutinized International exposure now that I will once again study Business Management. Not many opt for a second Post Graduation in Management, but since I do, I wish the second one to be different and better than the first one.

During my first stint, I was a graduate, with no work experience, heading towards earning a ticket to my Management Destination. But now, after almost 4 years, I not only hold a bachelors' degree in commerce but also a Full Time Post Graduate Diploma in Management, a managerial work experience (majority in the field of Human Resource Management), a beginners' knowledge of French acquired from Alliance Franciase and also a higher level of zeal to top it all. These feathers in my cap have given me the confidence that I will make it big, given the right platform.

No matter how many more opportunities might be available in my own homeland, I am aware that the desire to compete with students of different backgrounds and nationalities, under the guidance of the best faculty handpicked from every corner of the world, will push me further at every step. And as Mariah Carey remarkably sang, “I can make it through the rain".

2 comments:

pro said...

Nice blog! I like your writing way. I hope you will get high score in GMAT. I'm doing practice GMAT here: http://www.gmatonlinetest.com . I wish everyone can get more useful resource here.

Anonymous said...

thanks, thanks a lot....