Sunday, September 26, 2010

Rajneeti- new lessons of life!!!!

To be or not to be, that is the question.... Well, I can't quote much of Shakespeare but this is one line that I cannot forget. It’s right that to fight something, one first has to know the good and the bad of that thing and use the bad to beat the good things. But what if, the bad is so overwhelming that it is almost impossible to reach the bad "things", let alone beat them?
It's been about 3 years since I left the classrooms to join the boardrooms, and get paid for "education" rather than pay for it. I've had quite a lot of learning for the past 18 years and have reached plus crossed the red line of putting the learning into use (can even read- practice). I was a willing (sometimes unwilling) learner but could always manage to make it through, cause let me applaud myself, I was smart.
But when it comes being smarter (than others in ranking), I'm actually losing out. Counting from June 2007 or actually July 2006, I've failed at politicising. Least to defend myself, if not to attack others. My dad always wanted me to learn how to play and win chess, and gain patience and tactics. But I don't remember a single time when I won against anybody. One needs to master patience, learn moves and strategize in order to beat the others playing. But, I guess I'm just plain stupid to have spent time over other unimportant things rather than those that matter.
What happened to that pretty, smart and popular me who everyone knew and some thought would make it big when she'd step out in the world? She either got lost or got pulled down by her impatience, innocence and inability to see things in the right light.
I don't want to be that shrewd and plotting Lady Macbeth who was (eventually) trapped in her own schemes and suffered before she succumbed. I'd much rather be the Portia who was kind, mild-mannered and also knew what she wanted and how she was supposed to get it. Who was confident of herself and had the right pace for achieving her goals. One who could fight against all odds of sabotage, inexperience and being the underdog, when compared to the opponent. One who had a good heart, a good will and a spirit to fight and fight until the victory was hers. I want to be the Miranda who got what she wanted despite not having the right resources for it. And above all, I want to be the Elizabeth, not from Shakespeare but from the Pirates of the Caribbean, who will push limits and her luck to lose the battles and win the War !!!!!!


No comments: